Monday, November 16, 2009


Good day to all out there in Dodgertown.......... here goes Day 2 of this "blog in progress".




As we continue on this magical journey through my photo album, you will be taken back a few months in what was a great year to be a Dodger fan! This is my 23rd year as a Dodger Fan all thanks to my mother who introduced Dodger Baseball to me when I was only 6 yrs old, this was my best year EVER! I was able to get media credentials through the radio station where I was working at here in Santa Barbara and well the rest is history! I got to do something that I never imagined or even thought would happen; I got to meet the DODGERS!!!




In my last post I tried to start off with a bang but it didn't happen so here I go with more pictures of Opening Day "As I saw it" enjoy and feel free to comment on anything and everything you see here!






"Ahhhh the fresh smell of a new season"





My first EVER Opening Day at Dodger Stadium AND I'M ON THE FIELD!! These were the official Bases used for Opening Day 2009 Dodgers -vs- Giants (booooo) the bases were actually not on display as they are shown above, but Mr. Media Guru (Polo Acencio) was kind enough as to arrange them for a nice photo op! (thanks Polo)


"The Battle Gear"



One of my favorite shots......the helmets! I was like a kid at a candy store, it felt like a dream to be in the same dugout where many greats have been.......well at least some of the greats that have come back to the new dugout.........but that's a story for another blog! Here i stood in front of Helmets! YES Helmets! and I couldn't have been happier,as I sit here and type about the experience I still can't wipe the smile off my face. 26 years later I am in the dugout of my favorite team in the world, nothing could have ruined my moment.........and nothing did. The day continued as it should have as it would of happened in a dream, except this was no dream. It was a childhood wish coming true!


Mr. Martin


Russell J.Martin was one of the nicest players I met that day. He took time to talk to anyone who would ask a question and never thought twice about smiling for the cameras! (Thank You Russell)


"Warm ups"

Manny and the boys in blue warm up before taking on the hated Giants............

Well I hope Day 2 (of blogging) was a bit better and I thank you for taking the time to read and seeing the Dodgers through my eyes!

See you later!

Think Blue!















1 comment:

  1. mejor, guey. me desespero por las fotos de andresito el chulito! hujuy!

    ReplyDelete